Following my miscarriage, I did a lot of soul searching, trying to determine what really mattered. In the past 6 years, there has certainly been times when life got so busy that I lost focus on what matters vs. what I need to do, and do, and do. (I human, what can I say.) Wish I had had the following back then…
On Saturday I went for a hair appointment, a much needed one because I was focused on other things, and had the chance to read a wonderful article in Redbook by Ellen Welty , 12 Questions That Will Change Your Life. In it, she asked 12 questions to reflect on… I found it so interesting, that I wrote down the questions to keep myself on track. And I thought you might like them as well. Thanks Ellen!
Here are the 12 questions:
1) How do I spend my alone time?
2) Do I pay attention to my body’s needs?
3) To whom am I grateful?
4) Do I compare my life to other people’s?
5) Do I spend money on things to that speak to my soul?
6) What do I see when I look in the mirror each morning?
7) Have I figured out a way to to handle the less than perfect relationships in my life?
“8)” Do I have faith in something bigger than I am, whether it’s God or some other spiritual form?
9)What positive things do I bring to relationships with my husband, my kids, my friends?
10) Is there space in my home to do the things I love?
11) How many hours a week do I spend on the computer, TV, blackberry, other electronic device?
12) Do I feel older or younger than my years? How often do I feel good about being the exact age I am?