February 12, 2009
To answer the question: What advice would I give my 20-year old self, knowing what I know now:
- Beer does not make you smart or sexy; and
- ‘Shock value’ is not a good reason to get married.
Advice from the Blender
Driftword Creative Services, LLC
February 4, 2009
I actually tell my young adult femail clients to live life without fear or worry of what other people think.
When I was 20, I was so concerned about ‘doing the right thing’ and what would make others proud or happy that I have many regrets for NOT doing many things that I truly wanted to.
This life is too short to live with any regrets.
I would love to tell my 20 year old self this:
- you have a GREAT BODY – enjoy now because one day you’ll have kids!
- keep your 20’s for yourself – learn who you are by yourself because you don’t need a man to tell you that you’re beautiful
- read more and drink less
- travel while you can – once you have kids and a ‘real job’ you can forget it!
- when you love someone, tell them
- wear sunglasses all the time and don’t scowl – it is costly to fix.
I could go on and on – I enjoyed my 20s immensely – everything has to happen to
create the person you become….but hind-sight drives me nuts!
Good luck with this!